Monday, July 25, 2011

Birthday Prep

It's hard to believe that our baby girl will be turning one this Saturday.  It's often said by parents, but they really do grow up too fast!  It may not seem like it at the time; during all the late night bottle feedings, diaper changes, teething and other fussy stages that have us ready to pull our hair out, but it's over before we know it.  During the late nights with her as a newborn we often said to each other that we can't wait until she sleeps through the night.  Now that she does, we find ourselves saying how we miss getting up with her at night and rocking her back to sleep.  We often take these little moments for granted not knowing just how much we'll miss them when they're over. 

I've always loved hosting and planning parties, especially the kids first birthdays.  Maybe it's because this it the first birthday party I've had to plan for a girl, but I have been so excited for Addi's that I've been planning it since she was six months old!  Nathan has usually helped in the past, but he has given me full control on this one.  I think it's mostly due to it being a girls party and knowing I plan on making it as girly as possible, he's stepping aside.  With the boys, however, he had to make sure I didn't cross the lines with the "cute" stuff.  He was always there to remind me I'm planning a party for his boys, not sissy's.  That's Nathan and one of the many reasons I love his stubborn attitude. 

Since I've had the past six months to plan for this party, I have come up with lots of ideas!  I take credit for the final look, but most of these ideas came from my many google searches.  I plan on having a food table and a sweets table, or candy buffet.  Here are a few of the things I have put together for the candy buffet:

Personalized Hershey Bars

Personalized Lollipops


Another sucker bouquet

Her party started off as a small family thing, but has turned into quite a large celebration.  It's her first though, so I love that it will be a big one!  We even have the Howe's, close family friends, driving up from Florida to be here.  They will be the only family to have been to each one of our children's first birthdays.  It means a lot that they're not only coming, but that I'll have Heidi to help put the party together and most importantly, CLEAN UP!  Just like old times Heidi!  I love you woman!!

Here are a few pictures during Addi's first year:

July 30, 2010 @ 0243
We Welcome Addison Marie Delimont
8lb 13.3oz   21in

Napping with Grams 2mo

First Halloween 3mo

First Thanksgiving 4mo

First Christmas 5mo




6mo


7mo


8mo



9mo



10mo


First 4th of July 11mo




2 comments:

  1. Her party is going to be so cute and just great! I hope you have a wonderful time! I wish I was going to be able to do something as equally cute and sweet for Emmelyn's first bday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for her 1st birthday party to finally get here! You have been planning for so long, and everything is really coming into place. It is so hard to believe that our little girl is getting ready to turn ONE!

    Love ya, MommaMountaineer

    ReplyDelete

??