Saturday, April 2, 2011

April Fools

Nathan sent me a text early yesterday morning claiming to have hit a deer on his way to work, which totaled his new car.  He actually had me going for minute until he writes "APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  Until that moment, I had no idea it was already April.  I should have kept this to myself, but instead made the foolish decision to voice this fact to Nathan.  Quick with the insults he replies, "I guess covering the blond doesn't cover the stupid!!"  I'll admit to having my fair share of "blond" moments, but I have being a blond as my excuse.  Nathan, however, has no excuse for his moments which occur much more often than mine.  Before actually sending this text to me, he had accidentally sent it to Debbie, a woman he works for.  I'm sure having to explain the reason behind the text was embarrassing enough for Nathan, but the fact that he had to do so at 7am on her day off was the best part! HA, Nathan!    =)

Addi is on her way to crawling!  It doesn't last long, but she has figured out how to get on her knees.  I'm excited for her to reach this milestone, but I'm not ready to start chasing her around the house.  She actually got on her knees for the first time around 2am last night.  I went in to check on her when she started fussing only to find her up on her knees.  I guess lowering the mattress on her crib will be on our list of things to do today.  She's growing up so fast!!  I'll post pictures as soon as I find some batteries for my camera. 

I wish I could be happy that it has finally stopped raining here, but it's hard to when the rain has turned into snow.  Where is Spring??  I'm ready for carpi's and tank tops!  While the weather is keeping the kids and I indoors, it's not holding Nathan back.  He's determined to finish his chicken coop this weekend, regardless of what the weather brings.  They're calling for warmer weather the next two day and I'm hoping they call it right this time! 

Nathan and I still enjoy going to church on Sunday.  Our pastor and other members of the church are going out of their way trying to accommodate the kids.  Because they are such a small congregation with no small children attending, they never had a need for a nursery.  We found out last Sunday that they had lost several new families due to this and they are determined not to lose us!  Pastor Roy had called us later that week explaining the changes that him and his wife have made to the church in an attempt to set up a nursery for our children if we decide to come back.  That following Sunday, they had even set up an intercom system so that those in the nursery could still hear the service.  They are also in the process of putting together a Sunday School class for Daniel and Denton.  They have really went above and beyond in making us feel welcomed!  We were surprised at how many woman had volunteered to sit in the nursery with the kids so that Nathan and I could enjoy the service together.  As I've mentioned before, our church is small and the building only consists of two rooms.  Every now and then during service you can hear the boys in the other room running and playing.  We can't help but to be a little embarrassed by the interruption, but the preacher never fails to comment on how wonderful it is to hear children in the next room. 

1 comment:

??