Saturday, March 26, 2011

Baby Chicks

Well, I surely didn't expect to post again so soon, but Nathan and the boys bought several baby chicks today and I now have a great story thanks to Addison!!  An Easter picture doesn't get any better when you have baby chicks to throw in the mix.  Or so I thought!!  In an attempt to get a picture of the kids with some of the chicks, Addi grabs one by the wing and just starts waving it around like a toy.  It wasn't an easy task trying to pry those little fingers from the chicken.  I'm not sure I've ever seen her so excited!! 

Millie walked right past several of them before even realizing they were there.  Once she did though, you couldn't keep her away from them!  She's sitting right in front of their box as I type.  =)  She was all over the floor trying to chase one down.  Lucky for the chicks, Millie's getting up there in age and doesn't see or hear too well!  As for Maddie, well she's just not too sure what to think.  She hasn't actually seen one yet, but she keeps sniffing the boxes and will turn her head side-to-side when she hears them chirp.  It's best she keeps her distance from even the smallest of animals because she's not much for holding her own. 

This day just continues to get more interesting!  Before I could add the last period to the previous paragraph, I hear the boys yelling in excitement as they watch Millie chase around one of the chicks.  They're keeping their mouths sealed as to how the chick escaped, but my money is on Denton!  :) 

Here's a couple pictures of the kids holding the chicks:


Millie and her chick


Addison



Denton



She has her eyes set on her victim!



Daniel



1 comment:

  1. How fun! And poor Chick! I bet Addison thought it was fun though. ;) P.S. I love the picture of Denton, his smile is priceless!

    ReplyDelete

??