Thursday, March 24, 2011

Giving it another try!

YES!  Once again, I am attempting to blog!  I would like to say that I will keep up with it this time, but I have yet to keep true to that statement!  I may not post as often as I intend to now, but I hope to at least keep everyone updated on the happenings of our family on a "regular" basis.  :)

Now to bring everyone up to date...

The boys will both start school this fall!  Daniel will be attending Pre-K at Hinton Elementary School and Denton will enroll into the Head Start program in the area.  The best part?  They will both be in school Monday-Thursday, ALL DAY!!



This would be a nice opportunity to find a job while we would only have to pay childcare for one child, but Addison cannot be placed in Daycare until she is Salmonella free.  Although she shows no symptoms of Salmonella, she is still testing positive for the bacteria.  In cases like Addi's, they say she can be a carrier for up to a year or longer.  I'll be thankful when the day comes that we (and by we I mean I) no longer have to dig through her poop for stool samples!  We have to do this four times a month and will continue to do so until she finally has two negative results. 



Nathan and I have finally found a church to take the family to.  It's a small church with about 25-30 members.  We really enjoy going and the kids do as well.  We attend with the couple we bought our home from.  They're good people and I believe the husband looks at Nathan like a son.  Nathan calls them our adoptive parents!



On to the dogs...
Maddie has been getting into her fair share of trouble lately!  She first came home with a spot on her nose that we later found out was a staph infection.  After spending a small fortune at the vet to treat it, she turns around and injures her leg.  We have no idea what she did or who she lost a fight to, but she had a nasty tear on her upper leg.  Back to the vet we go.  48 hours later, she manages to pull out half of her 40 stitches.  And again...back to the vet!  This time, and in our opinion what they should have done the first time, they put about 20 staples in her leg and a cone around her neck. 



Well, the noise from the other room tells me it's time to take the video games away from the boys

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know she hurt her leg, too! Poor pup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chicks are sooooo cute, and of course, so are the kids! 15...you are so brave! Love the blog babydoll! Momma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor dog! She just cannot catch a break! LOL!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

??